Tuesday, August 26, 2008
First Day of School 8/25/08
Okay, the morning went better than expected. S-3 was so excited about going back to school that he was asleep by 8:45 (normally it's more like midnight). The kids got up without to much hassle and got thru the morning and we were at the school by 7:30. Well they weren't going to let us in until 8. Then at 7:45 some of the teachers said to come in and find the classrooms. Well, S-2's teacher wasn't there yet, so we go and find S-1's class, talked with his teacher a bit and moved on the S-3's class talked with his teacher and moved to G-1's class, well she wasn't letting them in yet, so DH stayed with her and I took S-2 to his class. Got him settled in and talked to his teacher for a minute. Then I went to the cafeteria to see if they were approved for free lunches and to double check their bus, both lines were long so I just double checked their bus (I called the district nutrition office later in the day and they are getting free lunches). Well, 3:40 rolls arounds so I walk down to the bus stop, the bus is suppose to come at 3:53, it shows up at 4:10 and only 2 of my kids were on it S-1 and G-1. Then the driver gets off and says that the rest of the kids are still at the school as there were 168 kids on this bus route and he can only take 73, that he'd be back with the rest in about 30 minutes. So, I take the others home get them a drink and something to eat. Go back down to the bus stop, and the bus finally shows at 5:10...my kids weren't on it. The driver asked if they were two little blonde boys and I said yes, he goes one of them demanded that I stop at the last set of mailboxes and let them off there because that's where they live. So, I start walking back home and here comes all 3 boys running down the street (we had left S-1 at home to work on homework). I spent the next hour and a half doing all the paperwork the teachers sent home and still had to make dinner (we got chicken at the wal-mart deli) and buy the last minute school supplies that S-2's teacher sent home a list of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment