Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Almost back to school time.
I went yesterday to Milam Elem on Biggs to register my youngest and they let me do all 4 kiddos. In El Paso, you have to register your kids every school year, they don't carry over from one year to the next. If your kids will ride the bus you will recieve a bus pass for him/her. I wasn't to pleased with how far we have to walk to get to the bus stop, they've got 3 stops for my area of Paso del Norte Heights and 2 for the section just west of me. Also, if your kids ride the bus and you were hoping to have them eat breakfast at school, forget about it....my kids get free breakfast and lunch...well the buses get there between 7:55 and 8, the tardy bell rings at 8:05, they'd be counted tardy if they ate breakfast at school. Milam had supply lists available at registration. They don't have a meet the teacher night. I was told after 3 or 5 pm on Friday, Aug 22, we could come up to the school to find out the name and room number of the kids teachers and that they just ride the bus and take all their supplies to the classs. I'm sorry that doesn't work for me. I'm not sending my kids to a new school on a bus without them knowning where their class rooms are, no way no how. So I'll be braving the mad house on the 25th. All in all we are ready for back to school. I know I am. Just have a few supplies left to get that were accidentally left off the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
you can do it. I had to get Kota off the bus at 2:30 run and get batteries for the cam and be back to get the girls off by 4. Then get Court picked up by 430 and be at the dentist by 5. The girls' open house was from 5 to 7. I made it there by just after 6 then had to run all over the school. We got out of there by 7ish then it was run home so Court could grab some food and then run her to youth group. Then of course run home to feed the rest of us. I love how my life slows down when school starts. :)
Post a Comment